Redplum

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Walmart: Heads Up on Monopoly Card Game



Just wanted to let you all know what I found out when I went to Walmart for the Monopoly card game using
$5 Playsaver coupon off a Monopoly game. ( Not sure if Target cust are experiencing this)



Walmart has now lowered the price of the card game to $4. With the coupon being $5, they will not accept it. And in turn, they have priced the original Monopoly board game to $9 in hopes to you purchasing that.

While checking out the cashier called over the CSM and she informed me that loss prevention has been called in about these coupons/card games, and if a cashier accepts them, they can get into trouble.

Just wanted to clear that up before any of you run into the same problem. And to let everyone know, when using coupons, we need to abide by the rules set forth by the store and whats stated on the actual coupon. It is fraudulent to use a coupon in any other matter than which it is intended, and just because you may be allowed to use it fraudulently, your cashier can be held accountable once you walk out of the store. 

Subscribe to KTs Steals and Deals

2 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me, but I tried when I was at target the same day and she didn't even question it. So go to target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice...DON'T go to Walmart!! I always have problens there and when the cashier AND CSM make me feel like I am doing something wrong...FORGET IT!! I will give Target ALL my business..!!

    ReplyDelete